Prof. Dr. Hendra Grandis
Born in 1962 and pursued elementary through high-school in Madiun and Surabaya East Java. Joined Institut Teknologi Bandung (ITB) since 1987 as a junior lecturer. After completed graduate programs in Paris (France), serves as lecturer at the Dept. of Geophysical Engineering (undergraduate and graduate programs), Dept. of Earth Sciences and Dept. of Geothermal Engineering (both graduate programs). In addition to teaching and research positions as an Associate Professor in Geophysics, also holds adminsitrative and managerial positions, among others (past) as: Secretary Dept. of Geophysics and Meteorology, Head of Geophysics Program, Head of Geophysical Engineering Graduate Program, Academic Auditor of Internal Audit Unit of ITB, etc.
Member of Indonesian Association of Geophysicists (HAGI), Society of Exploration Geophysicists (SEG), European Association of Geoscientists and Engineers (EAGE), International Geothermal Association (IGA), Indonesia Geothermal Association (INAGA). Former member of Society of Exploration Geophysicists of Japan (SEGJ) and Japan Geoscience Union (JpGU).
Alternate contact: grandis[at]earthling.net
– Bachelor of Science, 1986, Geophysics and Meteorology, Institut Teknologi Bandung (ITB), Bandung, Indonesia.
– Diplôme D’Etudes Approfondies (DEA), 1990, Geophysics, Université Paris 7, Paris, France.
– Doctorate Degree, 1994, Geophysics, Université Paris 7, Paris, France.
Courses taught, undergraduate program:
– Geo-electricity and Electromagnetism
– Geophysical Inversion
– Geophysical Computation (past)
– Gravity and Magnetic Methods (past)
– Volcanology and Geothermal Exploration (past)
Courses taught, graduate program:
– Advanced Geophysical Inversion
– Geophysics for Geothermal Exploration
– Geophysical Exploration for Oil and Gas (non-seismic methods)
– Geothermal Exploration
– Research Methodology
– Advanced Gravity and Magnetic Methods (past)
– Non-seismic geophysics (gravity, magnetic, geo-electric and geo-electromagnetic methods, especially magnetotellurics).
– Inverse problems in geophysics.
Most recent publications are:
- Irawan, D., Grandis, H. and Sumintadireja, P., 2015, Quasi-2D Resistivity Model from Inversion of Vertical Electrical Sounding (VES) Data using Guided Random Search Algorithm, Journal of Mathematical and Fundamental Sciences, vol. 47, no. 3, 269-280. http://dx.doi.org/10.5614/j.math.fund.sci.2015.47.3.5
- Grandis, H. and Menvielle, M., 2015, Thin-sheet electromagnetic modeling of magnetovariational data for a regional-scale study, Earth, Planets and Space, 67:121. http://dx.doi.org/10.1186/s40623-015-0290-3
- Grandis, H. and Dahrin, D., 2014, Full Tensor Gradient of Simulated Gravity Data for Prospect Scale Delineation, Journal of Mathematical and Fundamental Sciences, vol. 46, no. 2, 107-124. http://dx.doi.org/10.5614/j.math.fund.sci.2014.46.2.1
- Grandis, H. and Dahrin, D., 2014, Constrained Two-Dimensional Inversion of Gravity Data, Journal of Mathematical and Fundamental Sciences, vol. 46, no. 1, 1-13. http://dx.doi.org/10.5614/j.math.fund.sci.2014.46.1.1
- Warsa, W., Grandis, H., Parnadi, W.W. and Santoso, D., 2014, Three-dimensional Inversion of Magnetic Resonance Sounding (MRS) for Groundwater Detection, International Journal of Technology, vol. 5, no. 3, 219-226. http://dx.doi.org/10.14716/ijtech.v5i3.614
- Warsa, W., Grandis, H., Parnadi, W.W. and Santoso, D., 2014. Multi-dimensional Inversion of Surface Nuclear Magnetic Resonance for Groundwater Exploration, Journal of Engineering and Technological Sciences, vol. 46, no. 2, 123-140. http://dx.doi.org/10.5614/j.eng.technol.sci.2014.46.2.1
- Grandis, H. and Menvielle, M. and Roussignol, M., 2013, Thin-Sheet Inversion Modeling of Geomagnetic Deep Sounding Data Using MCMC Algorithm, International Journal of Geophysics, Article ID 531473. http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2013/531473